You know how sometimes at work you find the only time you can SIT DOWN and take a personal moment is if you escape to the bathroom? Yeah. I'm not gonna lie...if I have to pee, I take my phone and I'll check my texts and my email after I wash my hands. Which still makes it just a 3 minute hiatus. You go in, lock the door, do your business, leave. No questions. No issues.Until recently.
A week ago, after downing my four glasses of water in the morning (four before noon is the rule) I needed to use the facilities. When I tried to leave, the door wouldn't budge. Maybe, I thought, I didn't actually lock it...I had to go BAD and was in a bit of a hurry. Flipping the lock yielded no success. Maybe I'm not twisting the knob enough? No. I began knocking on the door...which felt very peculiar...the knocking to get out part. Knocking turns to banging and yelling.
*The absolute worst part of this entire story is that I can hear all my lovely coworkers talking and laughing and working on the other side of the door. And they can't hear me.*
I think I was in there about 10 minutes before I decided the situation was dire enough to warrant a panicked phonecall from THE INSIDE. As I reached for my phone, with one sweaty palm, I reached for the doorknob with the other, one more try can't hurt, I'm thinking, desperately.
Lo and behold the damn thing popped open. Wide eyed I ventured back into the living world. As a result of this mishap I now announce my restroom visits to all my coworkers. I notify at least two members of the staff that I will be using the loo and if I'm not out in less than ten minutes, by all means PLEASE COME RESCUE ME.
Side note: the lockage fear has expanded to include the walk-in freezer. I swear to the powers that be if I get locked in there I am going to need therapy. If I don't freeze to death first.
No comments:
Post a Comment