Thursday, March 11, 2010

Some Catch...and Some Release.

Well this has been an eventful week. Some positive, some negative. Oh who am I kidding? There is always something positive. I can find a way to laugh at anything. Anyway, here it is, chronological order.

One. After dragging my family members along for quite a ride, I've found a dress to wear to my cousin's wedding. It is not black! It is not strapless! Apparently, an inside source has informed me, I had people pretty worried that I wouldn't come through (finding a dress...they stopped even caring about the black and strapless issues a long time ago). I always come through. I always finish the deal. I will make anything a competition and damnit I will win. Thus...the dress, shoes and clutch have all been found. Jewelry...not so much. I have til the end of April, I'm going to give myself a little time. Side note: said dress: GREEN...matches the arm (because that's how I pick my clothes now)...has pockets (big enough to carry a flask? Hmmm? Griiiiin). It was obviously made for this girl.

Two. I have been humbled by illness this week. Humbled, brought to my knees (literally), and amused. I went to work in New Jersey on Tuesday, feeling fine. By the time I returned to the lovely Port Authority Bus Terminal around 6:30 pm I had vomited close to 22 times. Until Tuesday I hadn't thrown up legitimately since my freshman year of college. Let alone while working a 10 hour day, an hour and a half away the Walnut (codename for my apartment). In case you were wondering...I didn't puke on the bus ride home (60 minutes), nor did I hurl in the cab that took me to my door. God obviously felt bad for me and wanted to spare me more humiliation. The amusing part of all of this: my vomit is just as loud and obnoxious as I am...all 22 hits were hot pink (about the color of the pink brownstone you'll find in the upper left hand corner, found on the Gothamist website). There is ALWAYS a silver lining. Oh, the other silver lining...I'm gonna be one skinny bitch by the time I start eating again.

Three. I have just reconnected with my long lost great aunt who I happen to have very similar sentiments about formality, weddings, social constructs etc etc to. I have just confessed my sins loudly, both of the ink and drink variety, to her while walking to the grocery store (9pm toothpaste emergency, anyone?). I haven't laughed that hard in quite awhile. I love reconnecting with my family. I love that no matter what nut job, batshit crazy antics I insist upon, they will still love me. Ahhhhh. That being said, I'm still bracing myself for the 'great reveal' in April. Enough on that. It's time to run. And by run I really mean drag my pitifully weakened body to my bed so I can indulge in another few episodes of Law and Order: SVU before I doze off.

No comments:

Post a Comment