Sunday, March 14, 2010

Post-Punk Goth Metal

I was in a funk for some days. It was lousy. Being horrendously ill followed by totally crappy weather yields bad results. I felt like a post-punk goth-metal song. More specifically, (because there are always specifics when you run with me...), 'Marian' by the Sisters of Mercy. Please note: Andrew Eldritch frightens me. Understatement. Every time I hear Andrew Eldritch's voice I'm pretty sure he's going to drain me of life, much like a vampire would. A vampire somewhere in between 'The Lost Boys' and 'True Blood'...I've obviously had a lot of time to think about this. I hadn't even seen the featured visual when I came up with the vision. I'm pretty impressed with it's accuracy.

But I digress.

I was in this funk. The first thing I did this morning was craft the most pitiful text message I could, designed to pull at my father's heart strings just right and get me back to my family and my bird. The last time I asked my dad for money ($5 for a show...oh god, how post-punk goth of me...I may have actually been wearing fishnets on my arms, they doubled as a nice shelf bra too don't hate) he looked at me like I was crazy. Needless to say I'm pretty sure I'm not going for an impromptu "baby is sad" visit to my parent's house. Which, now that my post-punk goth metal funk is over, I'm good with (though I do miss my family). Goodbye post-punk goth metal song mood...you don't suit me anyway. The fever broke...now it's 3am (thanks daylight savings, not) and I've been off work for three hours and there's no stopping me. I've made the transition from Sisters of Mercy to GirlTalk. I have arranged a road trip next weekend, been the liaison between two friends in states other than mine (who happen to be stepbrothers, mind you) and threatened to both borrow and bedazzle someone's dogs.

My bossy, aggressive self is back. ThankYouJesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment